Sybils Message Board is filled with many great pet forums.  A great place to share experience with:
 Exotic pets, Farm animals, Reptiles, Feathered Friends and Domestic pets. 

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Animal Intervention 
Assistant
Assistant

Juska wrote:
Well, you know why Kristen Stewart has a wolf dog...publicity :roll:

Anyone else wanna get famous with me so we can all be famous, responsible pro-exotic owners? :lol:

I'm with you! Let's get famous!

I saw an interview where she called him a "wolf" rather than a "wolfdog" and then later corrects herself. The wolfdog is a very pretty black phase high content named Jack. As long as he's getting proper care and containment, and she doesn't rehome him for stupid reasons (ie "he's too unruly" "he acts too wild" etc), who cares why she has him? She's got the space and money to give him an awesome enclosure and a proper diet. :shrug: She even says she gives him meat rather than kibble (can't remember where I found that, but I know I found that interview yesterday).
She's very pro-wolf and wolfdog, and I don't have any problem with her owning them if she properly cares for them. Even if it IS for publicity, it's great for wolves to have a celebrity (albeit one that mostly only teens and preteens like) advocate FOR them rather than "OMG WOLVES ARE SCURRY KILL THEM ALL!"

Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:17 pm
Profile WWW

When I'm famous, I'll walk down the red carpet with a hyena--beat that, Lady Gaga. :lol:

Ball pythons (1.1)

Wishlist: aardwolves, bat-eareds, fennecs, black dragon water monitor, burmese python, ball pythons,

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:30 pm

*likes the above post 10x*

And you know...she probably would find a way to beat that...lol

Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:12 am

She would probably roll up in a crazy looking chariot pulled by white tigers or something :roll:
*lady gaga eyes you and your hyena* "nice hyena.." *rides off down the red carpet as diamonds and mini disco balls trail from behind it*
haha.. oh imagination.. :lol:

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:30 pm

That is so cool Kristen Stewart has a wolfdog. I guess she's Team Jacob. Jk. :lol:

Domestic Wishlist:Czech Wolfdog,Sable Colored Siberian Husky,ferret, Blue Bay Shepherd, Alaskan Noble Companion Dog.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:52 pm

My getting famous clause has always been Hyenas. Two males named bud and lou so I can do the full on Harley Quinn intro.

Dream pet: An European badger, Raven, Cephalopods!

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:48 pm
Assistant
Assistant

The one on the right looks a lot like the one on the lion king for some reason. The eyes, maybe. :icon-wink:

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:03 pm
Profile WWW

Never heard of that Harely Quinn comic before. Seems interesting though. Are those hyenas main characters?

Domestic Wishlist:Czech Wolfdog,Sable Colored Siberian Husky,ferret, Blue Bay Shepherd, Alaskan Noble Companion Dog.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:53 pm

I think it's soo cool that Kristen has a wolfdog. (: I read somewhere a while ago that her mom actually breeds (or maybe used to breed) wolfdogs.

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Meh, I quit paying attention to the "News" and "TV" in 2004 when the media showed its true colors. With soldiers overseas constantly contradicting them.

Unfortunately, most people have gone back to eating it up whole sale because checking facts and stories take time and they are too lazy to bother.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:25 pm

I believe there is one celeb that has a couple of monkeys and a sloth that are well taken care of, but I don't remember who it is. Some rockstar, I think?

Speaking of irresponsible ownership though, I remember seeing an ad for some house-flipping show, and one of the women just up and stated, "If I want a monkey, I'll buy a monkey" and in the next clip was riding around with a monkey in a little skirt. Stuff like that gets to me - by no means, is that responsible, and that is what gives people a bad name.

Fatal Attractions gets to me at times, because even though the majority of the people are irresponsible, they tend to make entire groups of animals (that aren't cats, dogs, or hamsters) look dangerous. A dog can kill you, and is likely to be aggressive if it isn't trained, fed or properly cared for, but the chances of a random dog killing his owner are unlikely.

I remember the one episode, which was about reptiles I believe. A man was bitten by a monitor, died from the infection, and was eaten by his lizards, which ran loose in his house. If you properly treat bites, your chances of a monitor (or similar lizard) killing you are slim to none, and letting them run loose is irresponsible and not common - but the show seems to act like they're ticking time bombs, and that most owners let them run loose. Previews for a new episode show a python that likely was underfed and had free range of the house, that "tried to eat" a young girl; this could have been avoided, if the snake was properly enclosed and cared for.

Reminds me of a friend who I had when I was 15-16. He had a rosy boa, which was no where near the size that it could eat anything even resembling a human. After a few MONTHS (he was too lazy to buy a rat) of not feeding it, his little sister (6 or so at the time) opened the cage, was bitten, and the snake wrapped around her arm. He was able to quickly get it off, and she didn't have any serious injuries, but rather than call it an accident and take better care of his pet (keep the cage locked/where she couldn't get in it, and feed it more regularly), he took it out back and killed it with a shovel, and there after thought all reptiles were evil, ticking time bombs.

I think that is always the worst part, how the owners of these animals tend to flip on them when some accident happens, even if it is their fault. It never is, "I messed up!", it's "Oh, the animal WAS vicious, man, I was dumb for keeping it!". No one can take responsibility.

They had another episode where a man was keeping an untrained, unsocialized hyena in his apartment (along with tons of other animals) and had his arm broken by it, and one where a man was attacked by a domesticated bull that he knew was aggressive but still handled alone. Both of them more or less decided that no one should own anything potentially dangerous, because sh** happened to them.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:28 pm

Ew. I learned a long time ago that AR is about control and/or self-image.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:24 pm

AR is a general term for an Animal Rights group.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:35 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2